Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chapter 7: I Wish I Could See Jeannie Again.

The only person I’ve ever really lost is Jeannie Grisham. It seems like James and I would go hang out with her every afternoon. She actually didn’t seem to mind us coming over too much either. We’d always sit on the porch and talk, mostly about music. She enjoyed collecting guitars and would sometimes play them. It was the night of a Catfish Festival about 6 years ago that she died I think. Her husband, friend, and she were on their way home one night when the friend fell asleep driving. Her husband was slung out of the truck and ran over. He died instantly. Jeannie died in the hospital several days later. The driver survived. I don’t know what my life would be like if this hadn’t happened, but I did lose a good friend.

No comments: